This page is for specifics to creating a building blueprint with the new designer.
Refer to the Designer for info on how to use the designer
The first thing to be done when designing a building is to configure the blueprint properties. The structure should be established right away, because it affects what parts can be added to the design.
In most building designs, the next thing to be done is design the building site.
- The site must be within 255m from the center.
- A site must pass through the center.
A hull must surround the center point.
- Hull may not extend past the edge of the site.
- Hull cannot be higher then 1000m above the center or 100m below.
- Hull volume cannot exceed 104,000,000m3.
- Mesh do not have limits on size.
- Rooms do not have limits on size, but will cost resources.
- Hull and room voids do not alter the hull volume, just the collisions.
- Room voids allow for gravity, Hull voids keep the outside gravity.
- For a site to be considered a field, it must have the type of field. It is natural ground by default.
If a building is to be use in non-habitable environments, it will require life support volume and maybe some volume assigned as framework.
|Environment type|| Life Support m3
per job or home
Life support volume requirement is per job or home. So if you have a building with 10 lounges and 1 office, it will require 44m3 life support to be on an inferno world.