Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-22 Major Fail when Upgrading the Wiki

(02-24-2024, 10:58 PM)Haxus Wrote: These extensions were installed/enabled.
  • ConfirmEdit
  • ConfirmEdit/QuestyCaptcha
  • TabberNeue

Deantwo was added to the interface-administrators group.

The format changed for the captcha question. I updated that. I tried creating an account. It failed with the wrong answer then succeeded with the correct answer. Looks like it's working.

Thank you! Can confirm the captcha works
That should be everything we need - we'll get on restoring it as much as possible
What even

(02-24-2024, 11:06 PM)Haxus Wrote: I don't think the Renameuser extension is needed any longer. It appears the functionality was absorbed into the base mediaWiki software in version 1.40.

Yep, it's now available by default here https://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Special:RenameUser

(02-24-2024, 11:08 PM)Haxus Wrote: I changed permissions on the images folder and all subfolders.

Thanks! Can confirm that uploading new versions of images works

Sidenote, as Dean said, the wiki database isn't synchronized with the images directory, so any image that was updated after the date of the backup isn't the same as what the wiki says, and this includes the resolution of the image, so it renders the new image (cuz it's present in the files) at the old image's resolution and causes distortion. Can see this in action if you visit this page, look at the file size + resolution the wiki gives you, and then view the original image, and you'll notice it's different https://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/File:...wntown.png

Files that were initially uploaded after the backup are completely gone, but we assume their images still exist in the backend directory, we just can't access them
It's not a huge deal, it's pretty easy to just... reupload the broken images and correct the database entry, but for the missing ones, it would be nice to get a copy of the images folder, so we can extract and re-upload things as needed

By the way, if I could also be added to the interface-administrators group, it would be greatly appreciated! Would make it a lot easier to make some edits without having to wait for Dean, although I understand if you just trust him
What even

Celarious is now in the interface-administrators group.

I found a reference to a rebuildimages.php script. I will look for it when I get back to work tomorrow.

Perfect thanks!

(02-25-2024, 04:19 PM)Haxus Wrote: I found a reference to a rebuildimages.php script. I will look for it when I get back to work tomorrow.

Manual for that is here if you need it, shouldn't need to use any of the options though https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:RebuildImages.php
What even

Have you had a chance to run the rebuild script yet Haxus? We're holding off on uploading any images for the moment
What even

Please try a simple test.

Uploading does work, it's just a lot of the images from before the corruption aren't accessible until the wiki's records are updated using that maintenance script
What even

I ran update.php. Can't tell if it did anything.

I also ran rebuildImages.php. It said no records were updated.

refreshImageMetadata.php reported all was ok. No changes needed.

I copied all the images to a different folder then ran a maintenance script called importImages.php. Some files it says already exist and they were skipped. Other files were imported, maybe about 1 in 5.

I have now run every maintenance script with 'Image' in the title.

Searching online turns up several discussions about this problem. Nobody seems to have an answer.

Actually, the import script seems to have done a good job, it brought back all of the missing stuff! Makes sense that it'd skip the ones that already exist, so that's fine

Interesting that the rebuild script didn't update some of the existing bad metadata, very weird, but that's an easy fix and the main issue of the missing images being brought back is solved so thanks!
What even