Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-22 Major Fail when Upgrading the Wiki

(02-23-2024, 04:01 PM)Haxus Wrote: Wiki is working properly now. User passwords can be changed without a database error.

A table 'bot_passwords' was missing from the database. Through all their updating they never managed to create it in my old data. I think that table did not exist in the old version we were using.
Ah right, yeah figures, thought the update script would've handled that but guess not, good to hear

Btw, I'm embarrassed to admit this but I may have deleted the wiki password reset email I received yesterday, and the system only sends those once per 24 hours. I have about 11 hours left - I don't suppose you could reset that or force-send another one to my account? Should be able to do it as an admin through the wiki GUI
What even

The wiki seems to have stopped working. I will see if I can figure out what happened. I've been working on the forum all afternoon.

When it rains it pours.

The web server ran out of disk space and the Postgres server crashed.

All is fine now. I'll see about your user account now.

The password change was sent to Celarious.

I think the function you used is also under the 24h cooldown, doesn't seem to have sent me any emails, same as when I tried to reset it myself
What even

I see the password reset page tells me that the limit of one reset per 24 hours applies to the account.

Fair enough, thanks for trying, I'll just wait it out (and make sure not to delete the email this time lol)
What even

A list of issues and things that need changing:
  • We need the ParserFunctions extension in order for the conditional logic to work on templates.
  • We need account creation captcha or whatever again. I think the old one was literally just "what game is this for?" and the answer was "Shores of Hazeron" or something.
  • We need page editing/creation limited to registered users only.
  • I see you named the wiki "Hazeron Starship", I suggest renaming it to "HazeronWiki" again, so it doesn't cause confusion between the actual game and the wiki site itself.
  • It looks like file/image uploading is disabled or something, the option to upload is just gone.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Seconding the suggested changes

I think the old captcha was "What is the name of the wiki" and the answer was exactly "hazeron wiki", I think it's pretty important to enable it + limit editing to registered users, we've already had multiple spambots make spam pages and Dean has had to delete+ban them

PS This extension would also be great if it's possible to add it, would help with organizing some pages: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TabberNeue
What even

I will install those plugins and change the name. Not today though. I’m beat.