Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ship teleported 120 sectors outside galaxy
(06-25-2020, 10:01 PM)Greydog Wrote: Nope ..that other issue got fixed ...this is new, and it is actually 150 sectors away from the location in the distress message.

I don't know what bug you are referring to. There has been reports of this bug for months, people's ships randomly being teleported to corrupt coordinates within their solar system.

Check what the name of the solar system your ship is in. Is it the name of the solar system the ship was in before being teleported.

Need the name of an avatar onboard the ship.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(06-26-2020, 09:50 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 10:01 PM)Greydog Wrote: Nope ..that other issue got fixed ...this is new, and it is actually 150 sectors away from the location in the distress message.

I don't know what bug you are referring to. There has been reports of this bug for months, people's ships randomly being teleported to corrupt coordinates within their solar system.

Check what the name of the solar system your ship is in. Is it the name of the solar system the ship was in before being teleported.

Need the name of an avatar onboard the ship.
Too late ..I destroyed the ship and built a new one. 

The other teleport bug was an on-going thing and was fixed in a patch months ago ..this I'm thinking was a one time glitch. So this wasn't so much a bug report, but more of an fyi.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
(06-28-2020, 11:25 AM)Greydog Wrote: The other teleport bug was an on-going thing and was fixed in a patch months ago ..this I'm thinking was a one time glitch. So this wasn't so much a bug report, but more of an fyi.

Again I say, I don't know what bugfix you are talking about. I don't remember seeing any mention of it being fixed, so I would love a link if you can find it.

People have encountered this bug as recently as last week. And I assume your encounter was the same bug. However if you didn't check if the ship was still in the original system's scene, it is harder to say for sure.

Here is a quick list I made with some basic searching:
http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2278

In particular it was the System Transition bug. I literally couldn't play the game because of that one and was very happy for this patch.
(06-29-2020, 10:43 AM)Greydog Wrote: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2278

In particular it was the System Transition bug. I literally couldn't play the game because of that one and was very happy for this patch.

Ok, that bugfix had nothing to do with the bug I am talking about. And it clearly had nothing to do with what you experienced here either.

Some more details about what actually happened would be nice.
You mentioned a "distress beacon", do you mean the ship was out of fuel and broadcasting on the hail channel in your system? Or what did you mean by this?
I wish I knew what happened ..I was up at the cabin for a few days, came home, patched up the game, logged in and found a fuel distress beacon. Berthed to the ship and noticed it's location. It's possible that it ran out of fuel in the system in the message and drifted 150 sectors during the 5 days I was gone, but somehow, I don't think so.
(06-29-2020, 01:35 PM)Greydog Wrote: found a fuel distress beacon. Berthed to the ship and noticed it's location.

And I assume that you got this message on either the Hail channel, which means the ship was in the solar system's scene but with corrupt coordinates. Or it was on the Friend channel, which is broadcast at super-sector range, but would still have to be in the solar system scene of a system in the super-sector.

In other words, exact same symptoms as the issues I linked above.
nope ..did a galaxy wide fleet hail. It was one of my harvesters and I was gathering the money. This one had none on it so whatever happened to it, happened before it got to it's first destination.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that it''s position was 150 sectors away from the one it said it was in. I CAN read a map.
I had this JUST happen to me, again. I had already self-destructed before seeing this thread sadly but each time it happened the same way:

1) Ship was INSTANTLY stranded 150 sectors away at a coordinate far outside of the galactic plane. No stars anywhere nearby.
2) Ship got teleported there after a system transition it would seem--I cannot confirm this but based on the crew logs that's most likely what happened. The ship was going about its business as of 20 minutes ago, and then all of a sudden it was nowhere near there--simply impossible to 'drift' that far in such a short timespan
3) Ships that get teleported into the beyond take the usual amount of time it would take to traverse 150 sectors at the current warp tech (>a week), making it impractical to fly back
4) Blinking cursor in the galactic map in fact showed my position within the ship as being 150 sectors away, so I'm not sure that it would still be in the same scene as the old system as Dean said. All evidence points to the ship actually being teleported there.

Next time it happens I can let you know. And I figure it WILL happen soon. I haven't been playing since the last time it happened, and this was after <1 day of exploration.
(07-02-2020, 01:58 PM)Mal Wrote: 4) Blinking cursor in the galactic map in fact showed my position within the ship as being 150 sectors away, so I'm not sure that it would still be in the same scene as the old system as Dean said. All evidence points to the ship actually being teleported there.

Star map will still show the blinking cross location as outside the galaxy. The only way to see which scene the ship is actually in, would be the mission status display on the ship, or possibly the navigation console or system map.