Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-11-30 Vehicle Entry, Location Desync

I have thought about doing something like that. I’ve always considered the designer to be barely functional. It is just enough to get me the data I need. It could use a lot of attention.

I would likely prioritize designer improvements over network play.

The NPC emperor is going to get most all of my attention for a while. The timing is good with winter getting going. There won’t be much to do but write code.

(12-03-2023, 01:19 AM)Haxus Wrote: When it’s time for the next update I will post the changes to the Hazeron Starship community forum on Steam.

That leads me to question why I would continue posting the same information here. This train of thought ultimately leads me to wonder if this forum could be reduced to only the Bug Reports forum.

Any opinions?

Maybe it is just mean, but I have never used the Steam forums/discussions sections much.
I would prefer it posted both places. Or post it here and link to it from Steam.

But Steam actually does have a news section that you can post updates to, and even associated with an update somehow, I see this from other games a lot. I don't know how it works, but that is definitely a better place to post it than on the Steam forum/discussion. You can then post a link to the forum thread here and mention that people can leave feedback here.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Oh right yeah I completely forgot about that - Steam straight up has a patch notes/news function you can use, and when posted they appear at the top of the library section with all the other news
Like this for example
[Image: bFhpFLU.png]
What even

Big Grin 
(12-03-2023, 05:10 PM)Haxus Wrote: It sounds like the Steam workshop may have a size limit of 2GB. Other people say there is no limit.

I will remove the size limits entirely. The online game servers needed them for their own memory management. You will be free to overload your computer to your heart’s content.

The game very efficiently reuses the same data for multiple instances of the same blueprints. Even so your computer will eventually hit a wall. Someone once described it as trying to put three pounds of crap in a two pound sack.
Love it!  I've scrapped some designs in the past due to size limits.  I have a particular door design that uses a bit too much detail to use under the old limits for anything other than the captain's room.  Will be nice to see how far this can be pushed before my computer says nah dude.