Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-03-14 Custom Spacecraft, Decal Lighting, Mfg Options, Autopark, Warp Field

Custom Spacecraft Manufacture
The ability to customize a spacecraft blueprint at the time of manufacture has been requested quite a lot, in one form or another.

Done. This was a ton of work but I think you will like the result. You can replace modules but you cannot add or remove them. You can also adjust the volume assigned to each subsystem. You can even save/load your customizations.

Customizations can be applied when scheduling regular production at a spacecraft factory, when buying a company spacecraft, and when commissioning a fleet spacecraft.

Some modules can be replaced with empty modules, as a placeholder. That does not reduce the number of crew berths so the ship will have extra crew. Empty modules can be upgraded later, when appropriate modules are available.

Decal Lighting
Decals should be lit according to their group. Currently they are always lit as if they are outside the hull.

Done.

Targoss Says Mint Money with Metal
Targoss tells you to build a bank to mint money using metal. That won't work.

Changed the script slightly.

Manufacture Options Idle, Make, and Every
When a mine is placed, add a process to mine everything that is there.

To address this suggestion I changed the Make checkbox on the Construction window into a combo box with three options.
  • Idle - Building will not make anything.
  • Make - Building will devote as many shops as possible to making the commodity in the combo box. Mines select a resource at their site.
  • Every - Building will devote one process to each thing it makes, starting with the commodity in the combo box, in the order of things in the combo box. Farms skip silage and irrigation processes. Mines devote as many shops as possible to each resource at its site, with stone always being last in the list.

Rocket Autopark
I landed a rocket next to the aircraft factory and it did not autopark. In fact, no vehicles autopark themselves in outdoor parking spots.

Done. Previously vehicles made no attempt to park themselves in outdoor parking spots.

Add Shop to Oil Donkey
The default oil donkey blueprint takes up a lot of land for only one shop. Can this be improved?

There is now an Oil Donkey 3 blueprint that has three shops.

Flat Terrain
I made some tweaks in a previous update to eliminate the weird blobby shorelines that appear on worlds with generally flat terrain. In testing, I still got a homeworld with these ugly shorelines everywhere.

I made some further tweaks to the terrain parameters. This change will not affect existing worlds.

Warp Field Gone
My ship went warp speed and there was no warp field effect around the ship.

Fixed a clipping bug that I introduced in the previous update.

Office Assignment Bug
I assigned a government office to a citizen. The tree control did not update to show the change. This was confusing because when I redisplayed the window it was correct.

Fixed.

Native File Dialogs
Some file dialogs were not observing the setting for using native file dialogs or not.

Fixed.

Window 32 Bit Build
This update includes an updated 32 bit build for Windows. I couldn't stand the thought of the final 32 bit build having the warp field bug. Ugh.

(03-14-2024, 10:12 PM)Haxus Wrote: Custom Spacecraft Manufacture

This sounds awesome.
It should really really help with how we use the blueprint exchange/Workshop!

Does this mean we can remove the distinction between "Spaceship" and "Starship" now?

(03-14-2024, 10:12 PM)Haxus Wrote: Manufacture Options Idle, Make, and Every
To address this suggestion I changed the Make checkbox on the Construction window into a combo box with three options.

I just woke up and haven't had a chance to see this yet. But you say you added another combo box?
Would it not save some space to merge the two combo boxes? Have the two top options of the combo box be "Idle" and "Every", then the normal list of recipes?
Just thinking it would make it slightly more compact.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

The combo box takes the space of the checkbox. It is compact.

The list of recipes is relevant to the ‘Every’ option. That is where the allocation of processes begins.

A farm has many recipes but the default blueprint has only two fields. By selecting a recipe I can predict which two will be used.

(03-15-2024, 02:14 PM)Haxus Wrote: The combo box takes the space of the checkbox. It is compact.

The list of recipes is relevant to the ‘Every’ option. That is where the allocation of processes begins.

A farm has many recipes but the default blueprint has only two fields. By selecting a recipe I can predict which two will be used.

That makes sense.
And yeah, it looks fine now that I have gotten to see it.

Did you remove the weirdness of Mines trying to change the selected recipe then?
Always found it really annoying when a Mine changes the recipe as I move the placement over different resources. I would much prefer it warned about playing somewhere that didn't have the selected resource.
But I guess if we use "Every", it won't be as big an issue anymore.

By the way, you mentioned Mines having their special logic for "Every", might be good for Wells and Treatment Plants too. I don't want my Wells to make water normally, unless there really is no other resource at the site. And a Treatment on the coast would normally want to just harvest the ocean.

(03-14-2024, 10:12 PM)Haxus Wrote: Custom Spacecraft Manufacture
... You can even save/load your customizations.

I think it would be cool if the customizations could be saved to an in-game media, rather than external files. Would just make it slightly easier to use.

Of course it might be annoying if you die and lose the media, but it is not like these customizations are hard to re-create if you lose them, and it is easy to make backups in-game by duplicating the media item's content onto another.

Wells and drilling rigs do have that behavior of mines. The tool tip says so.

I will add a todo item to store the customizations on in-game storage media. It’s a good idea.