Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-26 Game Restore Crash

Game Restore Crash
The Feb 21 update introduced an unfortunate bug that caused a crash when attempting to restore a saved game, including the Current Game.

Fixed a streaming bug in the player stat object that tracks how many times you have burnt up in the sun, by vehicle. If no avatar in the game had ever burnt up in the sun there was no problem.

Saved games that were crashing will load properly after this update. The data was saved correctly. The error was in reading the data.

Obsolete Objects Bug
While working on the crash bug, I found/fixed a bug that occurred when loading data that included references to obsolete commodities.

Remove Unreferenced Deleted Blueprints
While working on the crash bug, one of the games I loaded had a large number of deleted spacecraft and building blueprints in its library. These only need to be kept if they are used anywhere in the game.

Added a cleanup function that runs when loading a saved game. It removes blueprints in the Deleted state that are not referenced by any objects in the game.

Very nice! Thanks a lot Haxus!

(02-26-2024, 09:18 PM)Haxus Wrote: Remove Unreferenced Deleted Blueprints
While working on the crash bug, one of the games I loaded had a large number of deleted spacecraft and building blueprints in its library. These only need to be kept if they are used anywhere in the game.

Added a cleanup function that runs when loading a saved game. It removes blueprints in the Deleted state that are not referenced by any objects in the game.

When is a blueprint set in this Deleted state?
Can we set blueprints we download from the Steam Workshop to this Deleted state?

We do have an idea thread suggesting something like this, and it would be nice if old versions of blueprints were automatically set to this Deleted state when the blueprints on the Steam Workshop is updated.
See: https://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3025
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Thanks! My save no longer crashes + the new scrollbars are in too

Unfortunately my game still memory leaks extremely badly, I get up to 11GB just loading into avatar selection and then 16GB loading into a scene, previously I saw 2-3GB maximum while fully loaded in a city
Also, my save file size is still extremely bloated, it went from 1GB to about 5GB as a result of saving in the newest version, with literally zero ingame changes, just loading in and then exiting immediately

Here's a comparison with an old partial save, obviously the number isn't entirely accurate since the save is partial but the point stands:
[Image: iBIbvcm.png]
What even

Haxus, I noticed that when creating a gen4 character (at the beginning of the game) you can't upload your DNA