Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-25 Rollback

(02-26-2024, 08:10 PM)Haxus Wrote: The broken saved game files are NOT truncated. They will load fine after the update.

What was the issue then? Anything fun or interesting?
Or just another missing ; or !, the banes of C++ programmers.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

It was a change to one of the stats in the player stats object. If you didn't happen to have that stat there was no problem. None of my avatars had ever burned up in a sun so they did not have that stat.

If you DID have that stat, the game data was broken because of a dumb mistake in the streaming operator. The coding error was so subtle though that it took me half the day sniffing around there, knowing the problem was there somewhere. You probably heard the head slap from there.

I verified that OB1's saved game loads fine now. If you already deleted it, don't forget that you uploaded it to Google drive. You can get it back from there and restore the game.

(02-26-2024, 08:35 PM)Haxus Wrote: It was a change to one of the stats in the player stats object. If you didn't happen to have that stat there was no problem. None of my avatars had ever burned up in a sun so they did not have that stat.

I just want to point out that there is no way that was the reason for my crash. I am way too good a pilot and I execute my crew proactively so they can't dive into the sun. Cool

Jokes asides. It works for me now. Thanks a lot.
(My save-game is at least a year and a half old, so I have no clue if I have dived into a sun before.)
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo