Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-23 Asteroid Lost, Scroll Bars, Yeet Bug

Asteroid Lost
If you login after the asteroid is supposed to hit your homeworld, you never see the asteroid.

Asteroid impact time is now set to one hour past the current time if you load the game after the impact time.

Scenario text was updated to not say the asteroid will pass harmlessly if you are not on line.

Scroll Bar Colors
My old eyes have a hard time seeing the handle widget on scroll bars.

Scroll bar handles now stand out quite well.

In the process of working on this I discovered that Qt added the ability to control the style of menu separators, either that or it was always there but undocumented. Either way those separators look right now. They used to look really bad on Windows. I hope this is an improvement. Will check on my Windows box.

Empire Name Generator
Add random empire name generator to empire creation dialog.

Done.

System Generation Error
I have seen an occasional error message complaining that an orbit could not be found for a companion star. This would explain the occasional companion star that orbits too close to the primary.

Fixed. This could cause a change to the contents of some solar systems. If they have already been generated, they will be fine the way they are. If they decay and get regenerated later, the extra star will be gone.

Yeet Bug
This bug has been reported a few times. I have never experienced it so finding it is not easy. The bug manifests as a spacecraft getting thrown far outside the galaxy for no apparent reason.

I learned something from the atom desync bug. Armed with that knowledge, I hardened some code in various places against similar problems. There is a chance it will eliminate the yeet bug.

Hazeron.com Https Urls
Urls embedded in the software that point to hazeron.com should be updated with https protocol specifiers, now that the SSL certificate is back.

Done.

Scrollbar buttons seem a bit broken on win10 64bit, unless they're intended to look like this
[Image: Ie2XEVj.png]
What even

Is that the entire scroll bar? Are the little arrow buttons at the ends gone?

I did change the handle to orange. I will see if I can give it a minimum size.

Yeah that's the entire scrollbar on the Capitol UI, the arrows are gone but they still work when clicked, just looks weird

Edit: Also the handle covers the buttons, not sure if this is intended either
[Image: NeG8GZC.png]
(this image is from the settings menu)

Also, unrelated but it seems the game may have a memory leak since the update, I'm seeing 11GB used just in the main menu and 15GB when in-game
[Image: gIyq7UJ.png]
What even

I worked on the style sheet for the scroll bar and posted an update.

I also noticed the scroll bars run over the arrow buttons. This was unexpected but it sort of makes sense because when the bar is at the end the arrow button cannot be used anyway. I don't know why it did that though. I was following an example in the Qt documentation.

I see in your picture the arrow icon is missing from the button at the bottom but the other button highlights are there. In my update, I specifically identified the png files in the style. For some reason I didn't have to do that on my Linux box.

Perhaps the memory usage is due to the updated spacecraft models that were added. In an existing game, the old versions of those models have to be kept around.

I made a note to get rid of the old models if they are not in use in the game anywhere.

After yesterday's update My spaceship was destroyed so I logged out and tried to restart game from last saved game and the launch window crashed on me. Now everytime i try to log in the game will crash and close.

Could you send me a save game file? I will get right on this.

I will roll back to the version just before the update yesterday.