Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-21 Gulliver, Design Checklist, Designer Changes, Bug Fixes

My biggest quality of life wish for spacecraft blueprints is still the ability to change modules at the time of manufacturing. And even more importantly, allowing me to set some of the optional subsystems to NULL.
See: (Update thread post) 2020-01-10 Spacecraft Damage and Modules, Organ Models
And: (Idea thread) Allow Spacecraft Subsystems to be Empty

I say this because it is a big issue with the blueprint exchange and Steam Workshop. You download a blueprint, you get it in-game, and you then realize you can't build it because it requires particle collector bay modules or other advanced materials that you might not have yet.
For example, I can't build your two new spacecraft blueprints (Particle Harvester and Gulliver) in my save-game, because I haven't progressed far enough to have the resources I need. I can only imagine this be a lot more frustrating for new players that don't know what modules they can't make yet.
Alternatively we need much better search tools for the blueprint exchange, so we can search for spacecraft blueprints that specifically only require modules we can make.

It would also limit the number of times where people have to upload multiple versions of the same blueprint to the Steam Workshop with just minor module type changes.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-02-21 Gulliver, Design Checklist, Designer Changes, Bug Fixes - by Deantwo - 02-22-2024, 12:24 AM