Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-01-19 Bug Fixes, Commodity Prices, Ladder Poses, System Gen, Starmap Search

Stargate Beams Render
The energy beams from the cones to the sun are clipped incorrectly by the ringworld arc section I am on.

Fixed.

Commodity Demand Prices
Commodity prices used to be modulated by local supply and demand. That was lost when the new cities were implemented.

Done.

Ladder Pose
When climbing a ladder my body is straight and stiff, not animated.

Finished ladder stationary and climbing poses.

Close Stories Bug
I started a new game and created a new avatar. I didn't like my starting location so I returned to the main screen, deleted my avatar, and started again. This time Targoss never appears even though the story shows as running.

Fixed data cleanup error when restarting the universe from scratch.

UTC Nerf
Dates and times are expressed using UTC notation. Is this necessary?

All dates and times are now expressed in the local time. The UTC was a holdover from when the server was formatting some of those strings. They won't be doing that any more.

Mission Orders Crash
The Harvest Minerals mission order cause a crash when it is selected and your ship is not near a world.

Fixed the crash. This mission order is obsolete and it was removed in a previous update. I restored the obsolete commands to reproduce this crash, mainly to insure the crash could not be cause in any other way.

System Gen for Scan
Solar system scans and starmap searches must regen solar systems in memory to search or display them. This is due to the fact that the server does not send the entire universe to the client so the client must improvise. Unfortunately the result is not always correct, particularly in systems where one or more worlds have been destroyed by asteroids.

Solo game now accesses the full game universe data rather than regening systems for that kind of information. This applies to several processes: solar system survey scan, starmap search, mission orders, XML export.

Mission Orders
Mission orders are limited to the data available to the client. This results in buggy feeling things like the Go To Space Station order not listing any space stations in the system until you get near them.

Mission orders ui was changed to access the full game universe data.

Starmap Search
The starmap search ui needs work. There are too many controls on one dialog box. It is difficult to see the results.

Starmap search ui was split into two pages. The first page contains the search criteria. The second page contains the search results.

Added a button to the range section of the search criteria to fill in the galaxy location with your current location.

Eliminated the use of solar system regen to display results. Solar systems are displayed using global universe data.

Just curious, if MP hosting is eventually available, how would this interact with the new change to access the full universe data? Would it need to go back to the client regenning in memory? Would how much universe data the server sends be configurable?
What even

I like to watch game updates considering that I was a beta tester for this game

Perhaps, if in the future we're still getting some kind of MP functionality, it may be wise leaving the utc-based systems in, as to save you some effort down the line but I haven't got a clue about that stuff haha

Nice update!