Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-01-11 Stories, Henges, Particle Harvester, Clothing

Btw, it seems like the Settings sidebar button is gone since the update, I have it enabled but it's not there
[Image: UABzoj6.png]
[Image: 9GYxstJ.png]

PS there's a typo in the stargate story dialogue
[Image: p8wNf8X.png]
What even

I’ll check out ring harvesting today. My home world has two rings. Thought I tested the harvester there. Hmm.

Thanks for the catch on the typo. Will fix.

I did remove the settings and spawn recall buttons from the onscreen list. Thought that was just the default. Didn’t realize you couldn’t put them back. Will fix.

Ring harvesting does technically work, but ever since orbits were changed to have axial tilt, it seems the harvest "target" wasn't updated to also follow the tilt, so you'll notice the crew attempt to harvest very far away from where the actual target is, and constantly get 0 due to being out of range
Bug report about that here: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2200
What even

I see now. Up close rendering of the ring is also incorrect.

I'll have these fixed shortly but I was not planning to build an update today. I assume this can wait for the next update, likely next week some time.

Thank you! Yeah should be fine, after all we've been using planetoid colonies to serve as a source of antiflux in the meantime :P
What even

Harvesting and rendering rings is fixed. Will be in the next update.

I also improved the probability of harvesting more than 1 particle at a time.

I posted an update with those things fixed.

We are in the midst of a snowstorm. Our internet is a wireless connection to a tower a mile or so away. Our connection may be iffy today. I had to upload the update several times before it went without errors. Fingers crossed.

Here are some additional items that were posted today.

Spawn Recall and Settings Buttons Restored
Those buttons were put back on the button list in the view.

Harvest Ring Bug
Harvesting operations at rings are broken due to parent planet's axial tilt.

Fixed.

Render Ring Bug
Rendering of rings when you are inside them is broken due to parent planet's axial tilt.

Fixed.

Story Typo
A typo was reported in the story.

Fixed.

Snow Capped Peaks
Snow capped peaks were lost when worlds changed to the Perlin noise generated terrain. I never see snow capped peaks any more.

The bottom of the clouds and the snow line were both lowered, among other related changes. This does not consider air temperature so don't be surprised if its too warm for snow on a snow capped peak at the equator.

This change will affect worlds that already exist. Tall hills may become snow capped. This will cause a slight change in resources because ice will appear as a resource in the snowy areas.

Smooth Terrain
Sometimes the bumpiness of terrain is so smooth it creates weird shorelines that look like big round blobs.

A slight change was made to the initialization of the Perlin noise parameters so terrain will not be so flat. This change will not affect worlds that already exist.

Very awesome Haxus! And that on a friday too, the perfect time to get some harvesting done for my first warp ship :)

Stay safe and warm in that snowstorm! Cheers!

Thank you! I verified that the crew has no issues harvesting from rings now, very good fix
What even