Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-12-19 Capitol Window, Mount Spins, Targoss Inaudible

Capitol Window
The capitol window doesn't update when building construction finishes.

Capitol window now keeps itself in sync with the city buildings. This works well enough that the Refresh button was removed.

A nice improvement is that when the currently selected building construction is completed, the window tabs change appropriately. Previously you had to click a different building then click back to the one you wanted, which was a nuisance.

Mount Turns Fast
I grabbed a mount from one of my farms. It was fast and had fantastic stamina. Unfortunately I couldn't control the thing. Even the slightest tap on the turn button caused it to spin mostly around.

Mount turn speed is based on its own turn rate. This is sometimes too fast. That turn rate is now limited to a specific maximum when mounted.

Targoss Inaudible
I had not heard from Targoss for awhile. I found him stuck against a farm building. I could see his lips move but I could not hear him.

When story characters speak audibly, they now perform a test to see if your avatar can hear them, for any of many reasons. If the avatar cannot hear them speak, then the audible message is transmitted on the Hail channel instead, at Solar System range.

Targoss Deleted
Targoss got stuck against a farm building. I tried to save him by bulldozing the farm. Targoss also got deleted.

When bulldozing buildings, story characters are now rescued and placed where the building was removed.

Avatar Creation Haircut and Shave
When creating an avatar, I can choose their haircut and shave. These settings do not carry through to the avatar that is created.

Fixed.

Created an avatar. Returned to the avatar selection page. Deleted the new avatar. When creating a new avatar, the Enter game button was grey until I fiddled with the scenario selection combo box.

Fixed button enable/disable states when returning to avatar selection page.

Crew Orders
I switch to a different avatar while my ship was traveling through some wormholes. When I switched back, my crew was waiting to go through the wormhole until I got back.

The online game imposed restrictions on what an npc crew was allowed to do when no officer or avatar were aboard. All such restrictions were removed. The crew will now carry out their current order, without regard to who is aboard.

Wormhole Exploration
When a ship goes through a wormhole, the captain of the ship is credited with the exploration, regardless if they are on line. Previously, the captain had to be on line.

Story Indigenous Snafu
The Eden story started before the presence of indigenous life was established.

Fixed.

Citizens Block Takeoff
Citizens clustered around my spacecraft prevent it from taking off.

Citizens no longer spawn near you when you are standing in any kind of parking space.

This is not a perfect fix but it will reduce the crowds at the airport.

Persistent Sounds
I created a new avatar. Targoss arrived. I returned to the avatar selection page while standing near Targoss and I could still hear his torch at the avatar selection page.

Fixed a bug in the current item sound cleanup for npcs.

Hail Bug
My ship was parked near a wormhole to my home system. I was next to it in a different ship. On the Crew channel, I ordered my ship to go through the wormhole. After it went through, I heard the hail from the other system's space station. The message said it originated in my system, which had no developments of any kind.

Fixed a bug in the routing of hail range messages.

Crew Follow Bug
My ship went through a wormhole. A different ship that I was aboard had a standing order to follow my ship. The ship I was aboard did not follow my ship through the wormhole.

Fixed a bug in the navigator's logic when following another ship through a wormhole.

Story Start Delay
Upon completion of the Rocket Training story, the Undertow story starts abruptly without delay. It should give me a minute to collect my thoughts.

A new story chapter will not start within one minute of a previous story chapter ending, for any reason, including being dropped.

HTTPS SSL Certificate
We are still waiting. Network Solutions shows the certificate has been approved, pending delivery.

This inexplicable delay resulted in my previous certificate expiring before the new one was issued. That pissed me off and I canceled the order for the new certificate.

This time I will wait.

Awesome list of bug fixes. The mount turn rate was something that always annoyed me because I really love using mounts in Hazeron. Really glad that got addressed. Oh and the capitol refresh issue was a pet peeve too.
So there

(12-19-2023, 08:22 PM)Haxus Wrote: Citizens Block Takeoff
Citizens clustered around my spacecraft prevent it from taking off.

Citizens no longer spawn near you when you are standing in any kind of parking space.

This is not a perfect fix but it will reduce the crowds at the airport.

I would still prefer that citizens despawn if they are near a landed ship that powers on its engines. I would move if I noticed a rocket firing its engines. Assuming something like that would be possible.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

A moving starship should turn them to hamburger.

Quote:the capitol refresh issue was a pet peeve too

It was a pet peeve of mine too. Can’t believe I let it go that long. Sometimes you get used to things. Then it has to hit you so you say, “Why am I doing this?”

Wow yeah, it's a small thing but it was one of those irritating things, thank you for the capitol fix!
What even

The capitol and the Crew Orders fix's are big on my list. Thank you!