Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-12-14 Achievements, Service Panels, Blueprints

Achievements
Steam achievements don't seem to work correctly. Some show strange progress bars going to huge numbers. Some players may have achievements that were incorrectly granted during development and they are stuck with them.

Steam provides for the tracking of stats and the granting of achievements. Achievements can be defined as being driven by certain stats. I can't seem to figure out how this automated connection is supposed to be defined or how it works. So I abandoned the automated connections in favor of managing the dependencies between stats and achievements myself. Here is the result.

Achievements are reconciled against stats when you start the app. This only reconciles those achievements that depend on stats, which is anything that depends on how many times you did something. Some achievements are granted when an action is performed; those achievements are not altered when reconciling.

If something still doesn't look right with your Steam achievements after the app reconciles them, you can go to the Account page of the Bio window. There you will find two new buttons to reset your Steam stats and to reset your Steam achievements. These can thoroughly remove your stats and achievements so be careful. There are tooltips and dialog boxes of text explaining the details and warning of the consequences.

Service Panels
Service panels have an ugly graphic that incorporates English language text. Shame shame.

Service panels now use a nicer texture for the panel that includes a picture of the system represented but no text.

Story In Preview
I was previewing a blueprint in the designer when a story started to tell me about the advantages of colonizing my current world.

Stories no longer start while you are in a designer.

Construction of Quarry
Construction window should say something about why the Quarry by Haxus design only mines stone.

A note was added to the Construction window when building a Mine if the selected blueprint has no shop.

Similarly, a note was added to the Construction window when building a Bank to explain the effect of having a shop or not having a shop.

Blueprints Needed
There is no blueprint for a logging camp, design studio, or treatment plant.

There are now simple blueprints for a Logging Camp, a Design Studio, and a Treatment Plant.

Hazeron Web Site HTTPS
I have jumped through all the various hoops at Network Solutions to get a new SSL certificate for Hazeron.com. Status shows everything has been approved, pending delivery. It has said that for three days. 

Patience will win the day here. We must now wait.

Designer Confusion
While creating a Design Studio in the designer, it told me I needed auditorium space. I added an auditorium. Then it said my design was not useful for any purpose. It knew I was making a Design Studio. It should have told me I needed an office.

Fixed.

No Trees at Logging Camp
I designed the new Logging Camp building to have some trees on the site. Trees did not appear there when the blueprint was built in the environment.

Fixed a bug that prevented trees and shrubs in a blueprint from appearing on a site that did not alter the terrain at all.

All good updates and a default logging camp model now. Excellent!

Awesome work, Haxus!

I know you're probably hard at work on the AI Empires. And I don't wanna distract your from that.
But is there any plans on the roadmap to update the Designer sometime, and make it easier for more casual players to enjoy?

I have said many times that the designer is barely functional. It is just enough to get me the data I need in the way I want it.

The designer would benefit from a few months of dedicated attention. I cannot predict when that will happen.