Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-11-28 Bug Fixes, Release Candidate

Steam Coming Soon
Hazeron Starship now appears in the Coming Soon section of Steam. The release date is scheduled for December 1.

This build is the release candidate.This will likely be the last update before the release on Friday, unless a critical bug is discovered.

Poses
Not all body poses look correct using the "human" DNA.

Most body poses are completed. Jump, prone, prone creep, run, ride astraddle in particular were done. I just noticed I missed the ladder climbing pose; rats.

NPC Crew
In the Stowaway scenario, the crew does not defend the ship very well.

NPCs are much better at defending their ship now. They didn't used to look up from their station to see if anyone was in the room. Now they do.

Pirate Ship Pile
Pirate ships don't avoid each other when they try to plunder my ship. They all stack up in a pile in front of me.

Improved pirate ship decision about where to park when multiple pirates attack.

NPCs Stick Against Vehicles
NPCs often get stuck against vehicles when walking around.

NPC pathing logic is now much better about avoiding vehicles and buildings.

Designer Exits to Primeval World
Designer exits to primeval world during long processes.

I thought this was fixed. Apparently it wasn't. I think its fixed now. We'll see. :P

Pirates Don't Fire
Pirates line up in front of my ship but they rarely fire their guns.

Fixed.

Ordnance Window
Ordnance window had several problems when I operated a turret aboard a ship.

Fixed bugs with ordnance window.

Added a refresh button in case of ammo being added to the ship's cargo while the ordnance window was open.

Seledon Pirates are Human
I was attacked by a Seledon pirate ship. The crew was human. They should be seledon so they fit into their ship properly; it's a little cramped for humans.

Fixed pirate DNA bug that affected all pirate empires.

Random Human Button
When creating a new human avatar, it would be nice to generate the same variations randomly that are seen in the game.

A button was added to create variations without changing species.

NPC Use Stargate Wormholes
It would be nice if NPCs knew how to pilot the ship through a stargate wormhole at a ringworld.

NPCs should now be able to pilot the ship through a stargate wormhole. Issue the travel via wormholes order while the stargate is open.

Exploding Station
A space station in orbit exploded for no apparent reason. I might have bumped into it EVA.

Fixed bug where any contact with a station caused it to think it was hitting the ground, which causes instant explosion of space stations.

Pirate Plunder Range
Pirates moved in to plunder my ship, then exploded after my shields came up.

Previously pirates would park outside shield range if they were up, otherwise they parked closer. Now they will park outside shield range if the target ship has shields, regardless of whether they are up or not.

When the pirate fired its guns inside the shield radius, the bullets exploded immediately. The shrapnel destroyed their ship.

Turret Blows Up My Own Ship
When operating the turret on the Basic Design Ballistic Turret the gun repeatedly destroyed the ship, even when pointing straight up.

Fixed a bad vector calculation when firing turrets.

Quarry Should Not Mine Gold
Quarry is only supposed to mine stone. It can be configured to mine anything. 

A "Quarry" as defined in the game is a mine building with no shops.

Fixed.

Launch Spacecraft Sound
Spacecraft factory should make a sound when it launches a station or spacecraft into orbit.

Done.

No Fire at Ringworld Henge
Following the storyline, I ended up on a ringworld in a henge. The fire pit had no fire.

Fixed indigenous species bug on ringworld. Ringworld arc sections now always have an indigenous species.

Fixed portal fire bug when no indigenous species is present. In that case, the henge fire does not burn normally but it IS supposed to burn blue when it is a portal.

Ceremony Goes Too Fast
The shaman's dialog during the ceremony goes too quickly. It's hard to read as it all blasts by.

Fixed.

Game Startup Location Wrong
The avatar location shown at game startup, when selecting an avatar, is often incorrect.

Fixed.

Bomb Defuser
Bomb defusing UI needs some help. It is not obvious what to do.

Added a custom cursor that looks like a wire cutter. Added a tool tip to briefly say what to do.

Duster Did Not Drop Note
Duster did not drop the note when I went through the story.

Fixed a problem when restoring an NPC from an avatar's memory.

Bullywugs Get Stuck On Rocket
I played through the Moon Rocks story segment several times. Most of the time, the bullywugs get stuck on the side of their rocket when they exit.

Fixed NPC movement logic to get away from those sticky vehicles.

Radioactive Fuel
Why do radioactives show up in the list of fuel?

Old school nuclear reactors burned radioactives like coal. This was before nuclear fuel rods were added. I don't think any of those old style reactors exist any more.

Propane
Is it propane or natural gas? Neither comes from an oil well.

When I started this project around 25 years ago I thought propane came from oil wells. I also didn't understand the difference between propane and natural gas. My bad. I've learned just enough since then to fix the game.

Wells no longer produce gas, only crude oil and water.

Refineries now have a process to convert crude oil to propane. It should probably be a byproduct of gasoline production but byproducts are a topic for another day.

Natural Gas power plant is now a Propane Power Plant.

All references to natural gas were changed to propane.

Natural gas will likely be added to the game some day, but not today.

New Citizen No Authority
I created a new avatar and started in the Citizen of the Galaxy scenario. After building some buildings I realized I could not control their production. I claimed the world; that didn't help. I built a capitol building; no go.

There used to be an empire policy setting for what office to assign to new city founders. It appears to have gone away, probably when I was simplifying that stuff as much as possible.

I did not put that setting back. Instead an office is assigned when an avatar claims a world or builds a city, specifically the capitol building. When a world is claimed, the world is added to the avatar's governance domain. When a city is founded, the city is added to the avatar's governance domain.

Starmap Avatar Name Wrong
The avatar name on the list of places on the starmap is incorrect after I switch avatars.

Fixed. Avatar name on starmap updates when avatar changes.

Chat Window Focus
The chat window is obnoxious when it is a floating window and not docked. Every time I right click, focus is given to the chat input bar. There it stays when I click back to control my guy. Arg!

Fixed. Focus is not given to the chat input bar. You have to click there.

Holy spaceballs!

That is some list. My two favorite are the station exploding bug (lots of people will be happy you fixed that), and the ringworld stargate piloting fix.

The propane / natural gas is nice. I take it that will affect all existing saves and what not. Looks like a simple fix.

Any news on that bug that hurls your ship across the system to float 32 max value? That's kind of one of the last game crushing bugs at the moment that I am aware of.

PS: Excited for you on steam release.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Welcome back Haxus! Thanks for the big update! Especially that automated stargate piloting one and all of the fixes like exploding stations and NPC pathing

Excited for the release, hopefully it goes well

I notice my existing wells seem to still have access to Propane under the "Mineral Resources Present" section, I assume this is just temporary until I replace the wells?
[Image: 8V1SCpF.png]
Edit: Just tested it yeah, the rebuilt wells no longer have access to the propane, and trying to use the old processes just produces Q1 propane
Also did all the oil resource nodes get moved around? There's no oil here anymore either, but other minerals like Ore and Gems seem to still be in the same place

PS Quick question about the pirates, do empires other than Seledon/Ogar have designs assigned to them currently? I heard only those two can spawn (randomly, outside of story events) but wanted to double check in case that was false info
What even

Seledon and Ogar are the only pirate empires that are active.

Other pirate empires have building and spacecraft requirements that must be met. Pirate empires become active when all the blueprints they need are available.

In other words, they will come on line as I get them done.

I will of course continue to fix bugs and post updates after the release. Not sure that I will find the one that throws you across the universe before then. Will try.

(11-29-2023, 09:44 PM)Haxus Wrote: I will of course continue to fix bugs and post updates after the release. Not sure that I will find the one that throws you across the universe before then. Will try.

Fingers crossed. Regardless, your the man  Cool

(11-29-2023, 08:56 PM)Haxus Wrote: Seledon and Ogar are the only pirate empires that are active.

Other pirate empires have building and spacecraft requirements that must be met. Pirate empires become active when all the blueprints they need are available.

In other words, they will come on line as I get them done.

Ah got it, thank you for clarifying!
What even

Can anyone say how to reproduce the bug that throws you across the galaxy?

Oil resources should not have moved. Will look into it.

The oil icon is dark and hard to see. It has a little glow but it doesn’t help much.

(11-29-2023, 10:37 PM)Haxus Wrote: Can anyone say how to reproduce the bug that throws you across the galaxy?

It's extremely hard to re-produce. It almost feels like a memory leak. 
I can tell you it existed when the MMO servers were still operational, it seemed like a desync issue at the time.

In the bug thread http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=538, people reported it happening just going from one planet to the next in the same system but not every time. Others would enter a star system that seemed to be "cursed" where any ship entering it would enter the system, and then never able to leave again via wormholes or dead heading ect...

It happens the most during transitions. Transitions from space to surface and system transitions of any kind.

I had a save game I wanted to give you a few years ago to help fix it but then randomly one day, one of your updates fixed my cursed system. It happened to me again and then another update fixed it randomly.