Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-01-11 Stories, Henges, Particle Harvester, Clothing

Awesome list of fixes. Can't wait to try the new particle collector.

Hey, Haxus. I just wanted to make sure that we're all on the same page on what the "AI emperor" is going to be.

Obviously this is all up to you, but I think the original concept a lot of us were imagining was that this system would act similar to other 4X grand strategy, non-player empires. I don't know how familiar you are with games like this, but I was thinking of the AI in games like Civilization or, Master of Orion, or perhaps even Star Control. So basically I think you've already got the foundation there with Pirate Empires, but just getting them to the point where they are more fleshed out and dynamic.

"AI Empires" in my mind should be able to
1. eXplore by sending out citizens into the wild and into space, utilizing vehicles, ships, and starships.
2. eXpand by growing their cities, building colonies, and essentially taking over sectors.
3. eXploit resources by building factories and creating manufacturing, as well as the possibility to trade resources with players in a way that makes sense (via cities or stations).
4. eXterminate by declaring war on each other and the player and sending in ships to attack cities and stations until peace is made or one side is destroyed.

I bring all this up because I know your time is valuable and I just want to emphasize that I'm using "AI" loosely. I don't care if these empires truly resemble anything close to human "intelligence" or anything very fancy. I think I'm not alone in saying that most of us would just love it if the Pirate empires were more functional and fleshed out to actually be a fun and interactive threat to deal with.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
So there

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-01-11 Stories, Henges, Particle Harvester, Clothing - by GaelicVigil - 01-11-2024, 08:44 PM