Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-05-09 Fleets, Starforce, C4 Doors, Shield Types

Fleet Formations
Here is the list of the fleet formations that I came up with. I'm open to suggestions if you have one you'd like me to add.

Formations are described relative to the flagship. Fleet ships are arranged starting with the largest down to the smallest. No formation places a fleet ship directly in front of the flagship.
  • Column - Fleet ships are placed in a straight line out behind the flagship.
  • Echelon Left - Fleet ships are placed in a line to the left angled 30 degrees back.
  • Echelon Right - Fleet ships are placed in a line to the right angled 30 degrees back.
  • Rank - Fleet ships are placed alternating in straight lines to the right and to the left.
  • Rank Left - Fleet ships are placed in a line to the left.
  • Rank Right - Fleet ships are placed in a line to the right.
  • Shells - Inspired by electron shells. The flagship is at the center. The first 2 fleet ships are placed to the left and right of the flagship. The next 8 fleet ships form a box at the next larger shell radius. The next 28 ships form a sphere at the next larger radius.
  • Shield - Fleet ships form concentric rings of 8 ships a short distance in front of the flagship. Many rings would look like a target with the flagship peering out of the bullseye.
  • Sphere - Fleet ships form a sphere centered on the flagship. At 8 ships, a box is formed. At 12 ships, the positions match the vertices of an icosahedron. Additional ships form concentric icosahedrons at increasing radii out from the flagship.
  • Vee - Fleet ships are placed alternating in straight lines to the right and to the left, angled 30 degrees forward.
  • Wedge- Fleet ships are placed alternating in straight lines to the right and to the left, angled 30 degrees back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-05-09 Fleets, Starforce, C4 Doors, Shield Types - by Haxus - 05-09-2024, 10:42 PM