Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-04-12 Drop Pod, Mine, Capitol Buildings, Bug Fixes

(04-13-2024, 12:30 AM)Haxus Wrote: Drop Pod
  • A 'Launch' button appears when you are in a drop pod aboard a spacecraft. The engine does not have to be on. Launch is immediate, placing the pod just outside the bottom extent of the hull heading away at 200m/s with its engine on and gear retracted.
I am currently working on a bug related to drop pods. I am aboard an Atlantis decelerating from about 58,000m/s. When the pod launches it gets destroyed by a collision with the ship.

I would suggest just having the drop pod appear on the side of the ship that is towards the nearest gravity well. Be it a plant, gas giant, or sun. That was you are sure the drop pod will never collide with the ship, even if the ship is topside down.

Now we just need crew to have a random chance of launching in drop pods when a ship explodes too. That way they can double as escape pods.
Of course we have no need for crew that aren't assigned to a ship as it is right now, but it would be cool. Have them drop a beacon and a pressure tent upon landing, and allow us to recruit/rescue them for a while before they despawn.
Pirates could even do the same, allowing you to capture or hire them.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-04-12 Drop Pod, Mine, Capitol Buildings, Bug Fixes - by Deantwo - 04-13-2024, 02:00 AM