Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-03-30 Lockup Bug, Billion Hit Point Buildings

(04-03-2024, 10:00 PM)Celarious Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 02:05 PM)Haxus Wrote: I made IGame the default style for the forum.

Can dark mode be the default on the wiki?

I think it can, we're currently just trying to find a workaround to an issue with the extension where the darkmode doesn't persist for non-logged-in users (which would also be the case if we flipped it and had light-mode be non-default), will keep you updated if we figure something out

So I'm not sure if we can make dark mode the default, the way to do it seems to be using either a custom skin or a completely different darkmode extension

For the other issue, the simplest fix we've found is to add a line to the skin.json file, which you'll need to do

The file should be in wiki-directory/skins/Vector/skin.json
Then find the line saying:
Code:
"template": "skin-legacy",
(I downloaded the latest version to test and in my case it was on line 108) 

and add a new line immediately under, with this:
Code:
"clientPrefEnabled": true,

If you need to verify, you can see that this is the intended solution by checking the official dev bug tracker: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/mediawi.../+/1013077

also you need to set $wgAllowSiteCSSOnRestrictedPages to true in the localsettings.php so the dark mode applies to login/preference pages, currently it ignores the skin and applies the old eye-burning one
What even

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024-03-30 Lockup Bug, Billion Hit Point Buildings - by Celarious - 04-04-2024, 12:36 AM