Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ship teleported 120 sectors outside galaxy

I had this JUST happen to me, again. I had already self-destructed before seeing this thread sadly but each time it happened the same way:

1) Ship was INSTANTLY stranded 150 sectors away at a coordinate far outside of the galactic plane. No stars anywhere nearby.
2) Ship got teleported there after a system transition it would seem--I cannot confirm this but based on the crew logs that's most likely what happened. The ship was going about its business as of 20 minutes ago, and then all of a sudden it was nowhere near there--simply impossible to 'drift' that far in such a short timespan
3) Ships that get teleported into the beyond take the usual amount of time it would take to traverse 150 sectors at the current warp tech (>a week), making it impractical to fly back
4) Blinking cursor in the galactic map in fact showed my position within the ship as being 150 sectors away, so I'm not sure that it would still be in the same scene as the old system as Dean said. All evidence points to the ship actually being teleported there.

Next time it happens I can let you know. And I figure it WILL happen soon. I haven't been playing since the last time it happened, and this was after <1 day of exploration.

Messages In This Thread
Ship randomly teleported - by Firefox42 - 02-08-2019, 03:53 AM
RE: Ship randomly teleported - by Deantwo - 02-08-2019, 11:15 AM
RE: Ship randomly teleported - by Firefox42 - 02-08-2019, 11:32 PM
RE: Ship 120 Sectors Away From it's Stated Position - by Mal - 07-02-2020, 01:58 PM