Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Missing volume
I have always had the problem with my designs that, after working on them for a while, they'd start losing volume.
Never much, I'd create a hull with ~10 million m³ and after wrapping up and finalizing it would be ~9.8m m³, that sort of thing. I actually thought that maybe it is intended since it has always been 2 or 3% of volume, pretty consistently. (maybe a small loss for rooms or room-voids or something like that)

Now I've created a station design where it is different. It should be somewhere around 5m m³, but after calculating volume it is only shown as 1.1m m³. Thats somewhere around 80% of hull volume thats missing. I have no idea when or why the hull volume went missing, just that I calculated once much earlier and it came out as 3.8m, and the stuff I've added should easiely be at least another million.

Does someone know what I might have messed up or if I ran into a bug?
For reference purposes, I've uploaded the WIP design as:

3518301 Where did the Volume go
Is this supposed to be a bug report?

Volume is only an approximation, it is not percise and it won't be.
See: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=147
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Dean my good man, I know my writing can be all over the place, but it is not that bad...

(10-04-2018, 09:21 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Volume is only an approximation, it is not percise and it won't be.
(10-04-2018, 07:28 PM)DFDelta Wrote: [...] It should be somewhere around 5m m³, but after calculating volume it is only shown as 1.1m m³. [...] I calculated once much earlier and it came out as 3.8m [...]

There is a huge difference between "it is not quite the correct size" and "it was 3.8m at two thirds in and now that it is finished it is somehow only 1.1m".

(10-04-2018, 09:21 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Is this supposed to be a bug report?
(10-04-2018, 07:28 PM)DFDelta Wrote: Does someone know what I might have messed up or if I ran into a bug?

I don't know yet, which is why it is here.
Maybe I did something facepalmingly stupid, and I'll get some pointers and a verbal dope slap or two.
Maybe I triggered a bug and everyone here shruggs their shoulders, which is when the boss man needs to be noticed. (he's busy enough as is)
I've found it, it is indeed a bug with the turbo lifts. (Unless I managed to bugger it up in some epically stupid way, thats not off the table yet.)

Copied the design and started removing random parts, if I delete the Turbo Lift the total design size jumps up to 4.1m m³.
As long as the lift exists the main body of the station counts only as 400k m³, if the lift is gone it is suddenly 3.5m m³.

Writing bug report now.