Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money Update: Down with Statism!

I can agree with the need for increasing the value for money. However, many of these ideas are (in my opinion) either non-viable or would be an absolute pain to set up. For example, consider a city on a 1800 meter diameter gas giant that is meant to ship Q255 adamantine. If they had to pay for it, or the city required some form of maintenance cost above and beyond that which already exists, there would be no viable way to ship that adamantine anywhere. I am a fan of the way city finances currently work, since they don't take an inordinate amount of effort to set up the finances for a simple transfer of resources, either by broker or by selling to the city.

After some consideration, I think the strong point of this thread is the ship maintenance cost. This is a simple, easily understood way to add a cost other than the initial construction to maintaining a fleet. As long as a ship can fetch government funds directly from the empire's capital city to pay the salaries of the crew onboard (to keep the system streamlined), I think this would add an entire new and important use for money, which is only barely used now for purchasing colony materials and research. I'd definitely support adding a maintenance cost to ships due to it being relatively straightforward and making money worth something.

Messages In This Thread
Money Update: Down with Statism! - by Vectorus - 09-26-2018, 12:37 PM
RE: Money Update: Down with Statism! - by Mr. Mortius - 10-02-2018, 09:15 PM
RE: Money Update: Down with Statism! - by Deantwo - 10-02-2018, 09:51 PM