Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashes on mission activation including a specific target system

Game crash occurs when mission order list includes travel direct to a specific named system and is activated.

This seems to only occur when ship is a far away enough from said system. When attempting to use the "travel direct" order, said system is not shown on the list of "named systems".

The name will eventually appear if close enough to the system. The exact distance hasn't been investigated. Carrying out the order then has not resulted in crashes.

Workaround so far has been to first travel to an intermediary system, then carry out the order. However, attempting to set a mission from a far away system with first a stop in the transitory system then to the target system has also resulted in crashes. As such, it seems to be triggered on initial mission calculation rather than when the travel order itself gets active.

This has only occurred with one system so far. I don't have so many systems so I can't tell if it's a one-off with that system.

I know that before (in the MMO) you could not travel to faraway sectors by using "travel to systemname"

I did notice the "travel to coordinates" was removed from the system lists (or was it never there?). It is however still available if you rightclick on the system in the starmap itself.
You could only use "travel to named system" for systems within 10 pc (adjacent sectors?) or something like that, I think.

For remote systems, at least before, you always needed to use travel to coordinates. Idk if this was changed. For frequent journeys, you can save a mission with coordinates.
Also what you said travel with intermeidaries, is what I often did aswell, if i didn't have a mission for it.

If this was changed in the meantime, then yeah it is bugged. (and then ignore the above)

EDIT: In the MMO the order would have just no effect, but it didn't make the game crash. (iirc). So even if this was not changed it shouldn't crash (just correcting my above statement)

Thanks for the tip Ivan - unfortunately, the game still crashes when replacing with travel direct to galactic coordinates :/