Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Airplane Saga

Quote:Maybe I should try at getting a pilots license

I was at a computer store in 1999 looking at the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I had played through the lessons in a previous version of the Flight Simulator. As I looked at the box, I thought of going through all the lessons again just to see a pretty good picture of what it might be like to fly an airplane. I put the box back on the shelf.

I drove straight to the local airport. A flight instructor there offered to take me up. The first lesson would be free.

To my surprise he had me sit in the pilot's seat and perform the takeoff. It was a blast.

After a few months I had a private pilot's license. My dad, who was also a private pilot, called it a "license to learn".

I bought an airplane then, the Cherokee Six that I fly today.

A few months later I had my instrument rating. This is a must if you are serious about flying, not just doing it for the fun of it.

One of the biggest surprises to me was that flying an airplane is not physically demanding at all. However it is very mentally demanding. At first, a few hours of flying leaves you feeling quite exhausted.

Pilots are in high demand. The training isn't very expensive compared to the college courses required for other professions. It's a great career choice if you have what it takes. One of the most important traits you must possess is extreme self confidence.

Messages In This Thread
Airplane Saga - by Haxus - 02-21-2024, 05:18 PM
RE: Airplane Saga - by Rockinsince87 - 02-28-2024, 03:10 PM
RE: Airplane Saga - by Haxus - 02-29-2024, 03:02 PM
RE: Airplane Saga - by AnrDaemon - 03-05-2024, 08:13 AM
RE: Airplane Saga - by QuakeIV - 03-02-2024, 09:40 PM
RE: Airplane Saga - by Haxus - 03-06-2024, 02:40 PM
RE: Airplane Saga - by keyofdoor - 03-14-2024, 09:18 PM
RE: Airplane Saga - by Haxus - 03-14-2024, 10:54 PM