Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stowaway Scenario Feedback

I just completed the Stowaway start scenario. It took me three tries to successfully commandeer the spacecraft.

I wrote a wiki page for the scenario, with a basic guide.
See: http://www.hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Stowaway

I figured I would share some feedback and issues about the scenario.

Issues

The first issue I found was lack of pistol ammunition. You need more than the one spare magazines you start with. I went to the troop quarters with the hope of finding more pistol ammunition, but the room didn't have the barracks cargo access. I also found that there is no room with cargo access on the ship, the few medical supplies in the cargo hold is inaccessible to the player also.

Second issue, while I was in the troop quarters, all the crew of the ship suddenly came to attack me. I assume the troop quarters are closer to the bridge and they could detect me there? I had no issue when finishing off the spare crewman in the crew quarters. Some sort of alarm about a detected intruder might be helpful here, even if it is just a message on the intercom comm channel.

The spacecraft has no food. This is even worse if the player is a herbivore.

Constant early game inventory issue. Carcasses are large, and new players won't understand this at all.

Feedback

I would suggest the new players at least starts with a Knapsack, so they can carry a little more. That way they could start with a few more items to help them, such as another pistol ammunition and maybe some food. Could also have them start with a piece of paper that gives a tiny story or some hints on what to do.

Fix the spacecraft blueprint. The troop quarters should have barracks cargo access, or make a tiny armory room next to it. A small room to access the medical supplies would be nice too. Access to the whole cargo hold could be nice too, but if it is easily accessible it would make this scenario a little too easy maybe.

Currently the intercom is very under used in general, everything is usually said on the crew channel. Crew and troops currently only announce encountering an enemy on the crew channel. For pirates it might be more fun if they did this on the intercom channel. Knowing when and how much of the crew is coming for you would be very helpful in understanding what is happening.

The scenario can be fun, but a lot of it is about luck. If you fail, it basically just starts you off on a habitable world with nothing special similar to The Savage State scenario.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

I agree. It's fun but super hard and you get once chance. 

I agree that access rights of ships need a rework. Honestly I never liked the restriction in the MMO when it was implemented. If you made it on someone's ship you should have access. That's the whole point of guard posts and troop bays to balance that out. 

I also like the intercom idea. Very cool and immersive. 

Still, very cool scenario.

(12-17-2023, 01:56 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: I agree that access rights of ships need a rework. Honestly I never liked the restriction in the MMO when it was implemented. If you made it on someone's ship you should have access. That's the whole point of guard posts and troop bays to balance that out.

In the old-style ships, the cargo access was dependent on the room type.

It would maybe be nice if the designer gave a warning when you have specific objects in a room void but the room doesn't have the expected cargo access.
  • Troop berths warn about missing Barracks access.
  • Any other berth type warn about missing Wardrobe access.
  • Vehicle parking spot warn about missing garage access.
  • Service panels warn about missing Fuel Coupling access.
  • Medical station warn about missing Pharmacy access.
  • Overall design warn if the ship has no Hold access.
Not sure how you would deal with the warning if the room void has multiple warnings about non-recommended cargo access.

(12-17-2023, 02:54 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 01:56 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: I agree that access rights of ships need a rework. Honestly I never liked the restriction in the MMO when it was implemented. If you made it on someone's ship you should have access. That's the whole point of guard posts and troop bays to balance that out.

In the old-style ships, the cargo access was dependent on the room type.

It would maybe be nice if the designer gave a warning when you have specific objects in a room void but the room doesn't have the expected cargo access.
  • Troop berths warn about missing Barracks access.
  • Any other berth type warn about missing Wardrobe access.
  • Vehicle parking spot warn about missing garage access.
  • Service panels warn about missing Fuel Coupling access.
  • Medical station warn about missing Pharmacy access.
  • Overall design warn if the ship has no Hold access.
Not sure how you would deal with the warning if the room void has multiple warnings about non-recommended cargo access.

That's actually a good idea and quite helpful for new players or really anyone who absentmindedly forgets to setup the room void correctly.

I just realized I lost the Stowaway wiki page I had written. T_T