Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Modeling improvements to the Designer.

This 100%.

I was slightly annoyed yesterday when I tried to texture a complexe room, and I often unadvertedly selected faces that were either behind the camera (which shouldn't happen in any CAD software anyway) or behind another face.

As a further improvement, I could add that having a player model toggled on by default and inertia is not a good idea. I need to press space every couple seconds, while the body hide what I need to see sometimes when looking down, and it's annoying.

Talking about the camera, we need a way to "zoom" on small faces. Right now you either can't properly select them because of face culling (iirc that's what removes faces that are too close to the camera), or you need to upscale the mesh, texture it, then downscale it to former size.

Further improvements :
  • No camera inertia
  • Body being off by default, can be toggled on/off
  • Some kind of "zoom" or face culling toggle option for small meshes
  • Some proper color memory bank with names
  • Color sampling tool should take the base color of a face, not the rendered one
  • Add a "face properties" sampling tool to copy or default on a face properties : color, transparency, brightness etc
  • Maybe create some kind of "material preset" : a bank of face properties preset, to easily make and manage cohesive material styles.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3D Modeling improvements to the Designer. - by Neils Iyssada - 12-13-2023, 09:14 AM