Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible request on Warp and Resource Conservation

Is it possible Haxus to not physically render the ship entering and transitioning star systems as ships warp at higher speeds? 

I ask this because still as I travel across the game I get constant crash to desktops when warping for 6 hours and this got me thinking.

Would it be easier and less resource intensive to just place the ship in a temporary empty system, have it be stationary but play the warp effect to make it seem like your moving while running down the ETA counter to simulate travel? Have the galactic positioning still update as you travel for obvious reasons, allowing to drop out of warp still appropriately. When the ETA counter runs down then just teleport the ship to the transition point? If you drop out of warp early just teleport to the galactic coordinates?

This might even allow for more exotic forms of travel in the future and allow for scalability in the future of travel speeds.

The ways the game if code, (form what i know) when a ship is traveling it enter system for the fist time and the system is generated. Changeing the ways ship warp will affect other thing and it may be more coplicated to implant then it seam.

Now making this could reduce server load in a potential return of the MMO and ther is potenntial benefit form this and it could be a positive modification.

The way it works currently, it only transitions when switching sectors, otherwise you'd get limbo every 2 seconds at warp 9, so you literally stay inside the same solar system until you hop sectors
What even

(12-04-2023, 07:48 AM)Celarious Wrote: The way it works currently, it only transitions when switching sectors, otherwise you'd get limbo every 2 seconds at warp 9, so you literally stay inside the same solar system until you hop sectors

Honestly I forgot he made that change. I know that helped quite a bit but for whatever reason I still get crash to desktops when I travel across the galaxy. A 6 hour trip could be anywhere from 40 crashes to 100+ crashes (For me). This involves staring at the game and saving every few minutes or suffer repeating the same leg of a trip over and over again. 

Does anyone else have this issue? I can't be the only one.