Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
starmap forgetting explored cities

Bug 
I explored several systems that I wanted to revisit later, but the starmap cant filter for them (it can for other empires).

This is an annoying and rather huge setback.  In the future I will simply manually spreadsheet everything I find however this should probably work in the first place, currently the only purpose the starmap seems to be serving is to give you the false impression that it is saving information when in fact it is either inaccessible in the case of resources or will seemingly outright vanish in the case of cities.

This is not a bug. The starmap has fog of war now, you can only see cities of other empires on the starmap if you have a city with an airport within 17.32pc of it or a ship in the solar system.

It is mentioned on the wiki, but likely need to be mentioned more places.
Here: hazeron.com/wiki/Locator#Star_Map

See: (Update thread) 2019-06-28 Star Map Friends, Search System Scan, Search Cache
(06-29-2019, 12:22 AM)Haxus Wrote: Star Map Friends
The poll posted in the previous thread revealed that friends shouldn't provide position information to anyone at all.

The presence of friend empires no longer helps you receive information about cities and spacecraft in solar systems they know about. To receive city information in solar systems explored by your empire, one of the following must be true.
  • Empire city or base is in the system.
  • Empire spacecraft is in the system, not in deep space.
  • Empire airport terminal or base air terminal is within 17.32pc of the system.
  • Avatar is in the system when the star map request is made.
And: (Update thread) 2019-06-27 Star Map Cities, Star Map Search, Star Map XML Nerf

I would very much like to at least be able to see "last time i was in this solar system there was a city, don't know if it is still there until i revisit" type information, like in almost every RTS game since StarCraft1.

As a minimum we need a way have the starmap highlight all solar systems that are within our city airport coverage, so we know which solar systems people might be hiding in.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo