Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change module for stations without completely replacing the station

Lightbulb 
It's really annoying to have to completely delete and replace the station just to change the module for them. For the swivel chairs it's not too awful, but if you have an integrated one having to redraw the screen, replace the spot, etc gets tedious. It would be nice if you could select the station and then go to Properties > Station or something and reselect the module for it. This would make changing designs way faster.

Yes I know you can 'retrofit' existing ships, this is more for modifying existing designs to be a mk2 or such so it comes off the factory with the changes instead of needing to retrofit everything. Or if you copy/paste your fancy station into other designs.

(03-04-2022, 02:02 AM)martianant Wrote: It's really annoying to have to completely delete and replace the station just to change the module for them. For the swivel chairs it's not too awful, but if you have an integrated one having to redraw the screen, replace the spot, etc gets tedious. It would be nice if you could select the station and then go to Properties > Station or something and reselect the module for it. This would make changing designs way faster.

Yes I know you can 'retrofit' existing ships, this is more for modifying existing designs to be a mk2 or such so it comes off the factory with the changes instead of needing to retrofit everything. Or if you copy/paste your fancy station into other designs.

Exactly this. This would be a nice quality of live improvement.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Also related: (Idea though) Null Spacecraft Modules
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

It is very much necessary, it caused me lots of frustration trying to change a particle harvester to prospector because I didnt have the resources to build the former yet.

Riightclick > change module > choose from down menu or indeed the Null modules would perhaps be even better.