Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Expanse

(08-31-2018, 10:37 PM)Haxus Wrote: The Expanse

I do really want to watch this, I have it on Netflix. But I don't think it is something my wife would enjoy.

(08-31-2018, 10:37 PM)Haxus Wrote:
  • No energy weapons. Their ships have rail guns, missiles and swiveling Gatling guns for missile defense. People carry large caliber pistols and machine guns.

Would love some rework of ballistic weapons. Cannons make good use for large projectiles, but that aren't really good around a gravity well or hitting moving targets.
Rail guns are more used in hard sci-fi as ship to ship weapons. I guess you can think of them as low-tech non-energy lasers, since they are almost instant traveling at short range.

(08-31-2018, 10:37 PM)Haxus Wrote:
  • Rocket drives. Their ships use basic rockets and act like rockets, turning their butt to decelerate toward their destinations and flying realistic orbits. Their drives are slightly advanced, with the development of the "Epstein drive", which grants them super fuel efficiency.
However, the Epstein drive would be an interesting advancement over a standard rocket drive. I wonder if they would mind if I called it that? The Epstein drive would probably take on the fuel efficiency of the current rocket drive module, which would then become much less efficient; it is currently very efficient.

If the name is copy-righted or something, you can just call it "advanced rocket maneuver drive" or you can go with different fueled rockets.

But yeah, advanced versions of some modules, even if just slight efficiency increase, would be preferable over the current "QL slider" for spacecraft. Upgrading your spacecraft to use a new fancy module just feels really nice, even if it is just a new name and better stats.
Advanced modules can also require advanced non-earth materials, so we have a reason to go colonizing.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
The Expanse - by Haxus - 08-31-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: The Expanse - by Deantwo - 08-31-2018, 11:45 PM
RE: The Expanse - by Haxus - 09-01-2018, 12:00 AM
RE: The Expanse - by Vectorus - 09-01-2018, 11:15 AM
RE: The Expanse - by Haxus - 09-07-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: The Expanse - by Snowmantis - 09-13-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: The Expanse - by jakbruce2012 - 09-23-2018, 05:52 PM