Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire

Quote:My deepest sympathies...
Haha what for?

I was just rambling, to paint a more accurate picture of my development environment. Perhaps people have a picture in their minds of Haxus, with a team of programmers and artists, jamming away in an office park somewhere, eating Tums like candy because of deadlines and stress. That just isn't my world (any more).

I look forward to hiring an assistant some day, perhaps growing a team again, but income from the game would have to warrant it. So far it's all money down the drain since payments from players have never once covered the monthly server bill. It helps a lot, to offset the cost, but this project has never made money; au contraire.

I considered chunking a few hundred thousand into the project, to cover costs, but I guess I'm not that convinced that it will ever be a success. The user interface is pretty complicated to try to do on an iPad. PC sales have steadily declined year after year for something like twenty years now. SoH may have missed its window of opportunity by being too big, taking too long to develop.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire - by Haxus - 06-26-2020, 12:00 AM