Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire

Quote:War Gameplay

Haxus has never promoted Hazeron as a war game, so if that is the only gameplay you want it might be time to look elsewhere. Current war gameplay in Hazeron is basically ruining the losers fun and breaking everything that keeps them playing. There are some hardcore fighting players that don't mind losing and will fight back again, but that doesn't help when the ultimate win condition is to make the opponent ragequit.

We never said it's the "only gameplay" we want. Not sure if you're doing what you do best here again...

It's a part of the game that provide activity and purpose. It tends to bring people together and to create an entire new way to play this game with diplomacy, backstabbing etc. I'm not saying it's vital to the game, but if the idea is to allow this while not doing it properly, then why make it possible in the first place? Taking this path only brings frustration and people leaving. A competitive multiplayer game without balance will always be flawed, because there will be people that'll like to destroy your stuff and you won't be able to do anything about it, that'll never help long term. Even "carebear" players will leave due to bad guys eventually if they don't have any chances.

This has always been a problem with the possibility of griefing, but it actually often caused people to band together and kick asses, which are one of the best time you can get playing this game, especially when you are bored: when you have explored everything construction-wise. I mean, if people were fine with the current state of the game there wouldn't be only 10 active players on weekend at most. But anyway I don't really expect solo-empire's players to understand that.

Quote:That is why I have agreed so much with the idea of a thunderdome galaxy/box. Some place where you can do all the fighting you want with other players that are ok with losing. And there will be an actual win condition and a reset when the galaxy/box is won.

Indeed that's a nice idea if Haxus objective is really for SoH to be the Veil of Targoss "experience" by default. That's a far more viable solution than creating 20 galaxies anyway.

It's the idea behind the "jobs" window as you say, the "adventure SoH". But is it a surprise that it's the part of the game that got the least changes on the last 7 years?..

Quote:But even with that, you probably wouldn't see finely balance ship combat or fair city conquest mechanics. Haxus is clearly not interested in Hazeron as a war game, so he likely won't put much effort into it, he never has. He is only one man and simply can't make this a super balanced war game even if he wanted to. If you have suggestions you can make a suggestion thread with details and statistics, then I am sure Haxus wouldn't mind looking it over and tweak whatever numbers and mechanics you want, but it won't magically be balanced to competitive perfection.

Indeed, if Haxus is not interested in having success with his game. 
And we're not talking of perfection here, again you make us say things we didn't said.

Quote:This is one of the core issues with Hazeron though. Haxus hasn't clearly stated what the greater picture is or what he wants to do. We all want different things from the game and Haxus is just trying to be a good host by pleasing everyone at once. The solution for this is however very simple, Haxus just needs to publicly share his vision for the end product, so we can all stop projecting our own hope and dreams onto the game and get angry when it goes another way than we would want.

Well that's quite a surprise there for me, but at the same time I'm not really surprised. That may be the main problem here, that's totally possible. 

It's quite unsettling if it's true: going seriously on a game for an entire decade, paying hundred of dollars per month... without even knowing where to go. Seriously.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire - by StarOri - 05-23-2020, 09:38 PM