Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire

(05-15-2020, 08:21 AM)Xantheose Wrote: From massive World of warcraft to your sister's minecraft server
Minecraft server can be restarted, but mind you: 1. MC is a single governing server, 2. they have a thorough backup schedule, if properly configured, else you could get world corruption RATHER easily. Tell you that from eight years of personal experience hosting MC servers, both vanilla and modded.

WoW is a different beast, and I have no personal experience with their architecture, can only guess, but what I know is that node servers have transient state which could be discarded with minimal impact on the world.

Quote:every game server in that world is restarting after a crash.
Yes. After a proper investigation on site by a command of maintenance engineers. Or by a server owner.

Quote:And no, World of warcraft and many, many others don't have only one rasbpery 0w in a locker. Plus of that, datas are stored on a separate physical sql server, not restarting servers is a lame.
Who said anything about where the data is stored? That's not relevant at all.

Quote:As a system administrator who use devops tools on a daily basis, you made me laugh hard.
Sounds like I'm not a systems engineer myself, right?

Quote:Errors and stacktrace can be logged, servers can restarted. Please stop deantwing.
Can be? Yes. Should they? Not your call. You're not a developer and you're not a product owner.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire - by AnrDaemon - 05-15-2020, 12:14 PM