Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Loosen Building Codes Slightly, or, A Transporter in Every Home

(04-17-2020, 11:29 AM)voyager Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:21 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I am afraid that transporters require the building to monitor the communication channels. Right now only airports and brokers do this.

Also I am scared of the thought of what would happen if I am in orbit over a city with 250 buildings each with their own transporters and I request a beamup on the trade channel.

A valid concern, but consider that capitols can have transporters too

It can? I didn't know that.
Since it doesn't listen on communication channels, I am guessing you can't beamup to it. So I would almost think it is a bug if you can.

(04-17-2020, 11:29 AM)voyager Wrote: My idea was indeed in exclusion of beamup requests as airports already ignore those (over trade) when you're outside of a ship.

So you just want it so you can beam from any building in your city? Doesn't seem very useful to me, as that is the job of the airport.
I already think that building blueprints are too complicated. Allowing you to add transporters to any building, and only have some of them able to actually use them fully just seems like a confusing inconsistency that should be avoided.
See also: (Idea thread) Building Blueprint Simplification

If all you want is to have access to transporters from anywhere in your city. Then you simply request a beamup from the airport, and then beam to your desired location from there.
If the airport doesn't reply to beamup requests while on foot, then I would think it is a bug. I can see why it is such since the new-style buildings update changed how communication with cities/buildings work. You used to be able to request beamup from any airport while on foot before those changes.
I made a bug report: (Bug report) Airport Doesn't Listen for Beamup Requests from People on Foot
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loosen Building Codes Slightly, or, A Transporter in Every Home - by Deantwo - 04-17-2020, 11:45 AM