Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-22 Site Overlap, Rare Resources, Friend Code, Mine Production

Thank you so much for accepting the principle that there is a serious problem with yields, and implementing the start of a fix through increased output, which is a good solution. 

An increase of 2x, however, remains very low in proportion to what is needed. I will work on some more exact calculations, but it would be helpful for us to know what you consider a reasonable timeframe for gathering the resources for a ship, compared with the build time of that ship. For example, let's say a ship takes 30 days to build. How long do you think it ought to take a well-established, hard-working and efficient empire to fill the production order? If we know that, we can work out what the numbers should be.

Re: overlaps, how do you intend to fix the original problem of not being able to place buildings next to each other? In most buildings, the roof and gutters extend further out in the XY direction than the bottom of the walls. If sites can't overlap and all geometry must be inside site extents, how can you place a building flush against the wall of another? In the pic below, you could not make a very common street or block like this, because the tower and the tall house would not allow the smaller house to be flush with their walls, even though there is no obstruction. In the second example, you couldn't even place the building on a modelled street or square.

[Image: wl0Uv28.png]
[Image: Intersection-of-Shambles-.jpg?itok=iq3ciEkP]

Here's a real-world example. In this case, the overhang is not necessarily large, but in Hazeron there is now 0 site tolerance and even this would be impossible. And the porch could not overhang the sidewalk, if the sidewalk were fully modelled:

[Image: Tm2Hulp.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-01-22 Site Overlap, Rare Resources, Friend Code, Mine Production - by Vectorus - 01-22-2020, 07:44 PM