Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-10 Spacecraft Damage and Modules, Organ Models

(01-11-2020, 03:27 AM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: This here is exactly what we need.  The ability to change modules from default at manufacture would save those of us publishing designs from bloating the exchange with 3-10 versions of the same ships to make them new empire friendly.
I completely agree! I had to publish two small shuttles, one to use the rocket drive and one to use the gravity drive. Felt very silly to have to do that. I just wanted to edit with why this would be powerful, it fully leverages the adaptability of the new design WITHOUT requiring flooding the exchange/servers with new designs for every iteration.

You could produce one generic warship design, and then when rolling them out change the weapons of each. Want to use one as an atmosphere collector? Just change the default energy weapons to the atmosphere collector, no need to boot into the designer and change, save, validate, publish.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-01-10 Spacecraft Damage and Modules, Organ Models - by martianant - 01-11-2020, 04:20 AM