Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-10 Spacecraft Damage and Modules, Organ Models

Ahh, finally clubbed the Windows 32 bit build back into submission. It was the strangest thing. One of the resource libraries got too big because I added the vulcium power armor model to it. The strange part was that I had to break it up into three libraries before any of them would build again.

I have run into this problem before, when compiling Qt resources in Windows. The compiler fails, claiming to be out of heap space. However, there are plenty of other libraries 3x the size of each of these three libraries that build just fine so I am convinced it isn't strictly a memory issue. Also, sometimes the heap space error seems to be influenced by what is built immediately prior to the bad library. :/

Luckily it was finally happy. Each of those libraries now contains only one model of power armor and its texture file. I suppose I could have split those into their own separate libraries if it still didn't like it.

Some day I won't be able to keep this one working. Whenever I test it on my Windows box, I am amazed at how well it runs, considering that computer has only two cpu cores.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-01-10 Spacecraft Damage and Modules, Organ Models - by Haxus - 01-10-2020, 11:36 PM