Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Space Dungeons
I suggest something that a lot of other MMORPG games have, "dungeons". Adventure/exploration content that is normally quite popular as PvE content.

A new type of temporary wormhole that is either completely random, or maybe around neutron stars or stellar black holes.

Entering these special temporary wormholes would takes you to a temporary solar system filled with space monsters, space pirates and loot. After a couple days the temporary solar system explode, destroying everything left inside it and the wormhole disappear.

This would however require more pirate blueprints and maybe some new space monsters to be created. And of course we would need some new interesting loot to find.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
what kind of loot would you get tho it needs to be good remeber balance reward with risk
(11-14-2019, 01:17 PM)nightslaysanta Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:32 PM)Deantwo Wrote: And of course we would need some new interesting loot to find.

what kind of loot would you get tho it needs to be good remeber balance reward with risk

Yes that is literally one of the things I mentioned in my opening post.
But that is an issue in general, we don't have any form of loot. Only loot that exist currently is that creatures/avatars will drop one random item from their inventory when they die, or if you capture a pirate spacecraft rather than destroy it.

I mentioned some ideas on how loot and debris from space combat could work a few times on the forum in the past.
See for example: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?t...65#pid2665
An example using only existing game mechanics:

You find one of these unstable wormholes in a neutron star solar system. Upon traversing the unstable wormhole and entering the dungeon solar system, an eminent collapse countdown started and announced by the crew. One week after the dungeon solar system is first entered it will be violently destroyed by a supernova or something. The dungeon solar system will be disconnected and unreachable in any other way than by the unstable wormhole.

Most worlds in the dungeon solar system will have a pirate base, spawning pirate ship encounters and such. Once the pirates are dealt with the dungeon solar system will function much the same as any other solar system, untill it is destroyed of course. Resource qualities would be higher than normal, giving an incentive to use harvester spacecraft or make some temporary mining colonies and using broker shipments to get the resources out.

For some added tension, other players finding new unstable wormholes could end up connecting to existing dungeon solar systems, creating a new wormhole connection to where they entered from. Meaning that the two players would have to either share or fight over the dungeon solar system.

For those of you that have played EVE Online you can think of it as W-space, and those if you who have played Stellaris can think of it as the L-cluster.
(11-12-2019, 06:32 PM)Deantwo Wrote: I suggest something that a lot of other MMORPG games have, "dungeons". Adventure/exploration content that is normally quite popular as PvE content.

A new type of temporary wormhole that is either completely random, or maybe around neutron stars or stellar black holes.

Entering these special temporary wormholes would takes you to a temporary solar system filled with space monsters, space pirates and loot. After a couple days the temporary solar system explode, destroying everything left inside it and the wormhole disappear.

This would be however require more pirate blueprints and maybe some new space monsters to be created. And of course we would need some new interesting loot to find.
I like this alot.
Star Map could also be a good loot item to.
IE, This data disk has data of a star on it where a planet has a high quality ore or some other resource. Additionally disks could contain high quality patents, Location of a ring world, a bunch of ship modules ect...
Akin to officer ship logs? I like that idea.
A sci fi equivalent to dungeons would be cool
(08-25-2020, 06:47 PM)danthemanisme95 Wrote: Star Map could also be a good loot item to.
IE, This data disk has data of a star on it where a planet has a high quality ore or some other resource. Additionally disks could contain high quality patents, Location of a ring world, a bunch of ship modules ect...
This sounds like the best implementation of that idea, which will result in less server resources usage from constant system exploring. But I think there should be something unique to make it more worthwhile exploring.
I had always thought it would be fun to go subterranean and build an actual dungeon that you could populate with puzzles, traps and critters and let people try and beat it.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!