Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers

Real-life has this problem as well, except real life offers a solution.
Anti-aircraft guns(SAM sites and the like) can destroy aircraft with very good success rates, however, aircraft are still effective and still used because SAM sites can be circumvented.
How do real life militaries defeat SAM sites? I'm no expert, but I'm assuming they send ground forces to attack it, and if the ground assault succeeds, the ground forces plant explosives on the SAM site and detonate it.

Bringing this tangent back to SoH:
Allow a method to circumvent the air defenses that isn't completely perfect. Vehicles(space transport, space rocket) should not be targetable by these air defenses. This would allow an avatar to take a group of troops down to the surface with themself, attack the installation from the ground(which may be heavily guarded by gun turrets, but that's fine, we can't let it be TOO easy) and destroy the air defenses from the ground. Place a weak point somewhere on these buildings where if explosives are detonated, the tower is disabled until repair.

But that's just my australian 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers - by 5crownik007 - 07-20-2018, 08:21 PM