Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-06-25 XML Star Map Nerf, Transporter Crash

(06-25-2019, 05:07 PM)Haxus Wrote: Ok, I'll put it back without the "contacted systems" or their signal strengths shown.

If that is the issue you are trying to fix, then yeah you can do that for now.
It ruins the ideas I had for empire sorting/visualizer application, but whatever.

That said, I have always just used the in-game stargamp for locating players, the starmap XML has nothing to do with it.

Mostly I think you should think about solving the deeper issues I pointed out above, and then possibly allow this back later.

(06-25-2019, 05:10 PM)Haxus Wrote: I would prefer to add the functionality to the star map that you get from the 3rd party program. Then that capability is available to everyone, without using outside tools.

You can do that, and at least a limit version would be awesome. But you would be using a lot of time trying to make something that everyone would find easy to use, rather than leave it to the community to make for themselves. At least until you have the time to use a lot of time of such complicated quality of life improvements, I think it is best to just leave it as third-party tools.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-06-25 XML Star Map Nerf, Transporter Crash - by Deantwo - 06-25-2019, 05:38 PM