Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-04-05 Query Starmap, Finalize Progress, Server Config

(04-05-2019, 02:11 PM)Haxus Wrote: Query Starmap
The star map window has a button to request empires and a button to refresh the map. Having two "refresh" buttons is confusing and clunky.

Star map query reply now includes empire data that is needed by the client.

Refresh Empires button was removed from the Star Map window.

Always nice when you can remove a button and make it easier to use at the same time. ^^
Nothing worse than querying the whole starmap only to notice you forgot to query the empire flags first. I have done that way too often.
Also believe that was part of my old starmap improvements list.

(04-05-2019, 02:11 PM)Haxus Wrote: Hulls Inside Hulls
It is possible to cheat the designer into thinking a blueprint has more volume by placing hull parts inside of hull parts.

Volume calculation of spacecraft and building hulls now does a better job of estimating the volume of the model, without being fooled by overlapping parts. Unfortunately, this added some grueling processing to the Finalize and Refresh Obstructions processes, making them take longer, especially on large sized blueprints.

This will not affect blueprints that have already been finalized. Their hull volume will not change.

I guess the only benefit that could be gained from this (second TARDIS) exploit would be a smaller ship. So not a huge rush to say that blueprints using it should be removed, but maybe sone day when you have to go through all blueprints anyway.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019-04-05 Query Starmap, Finalize Progress, Server Config - by Deantwo - 04-05-2019, 02:45 PM