Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
More Superstructures: Artificial Planets

(02-07-2019, 05:53 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: So, if it's WORSE, and has no resources, why would I create it in the first place?

I'll say it again, I guess.

Quote: Q of logs, plant fibre, food, etc. is dependent on the Q of the planet. So if you build your planet with, say, Q20 metal/stone/whatever, you're gonna get garbage lumber, garbage food, and garbage textiles. 
Quote:good as a source of population, food, and renewable resources, in addition to being able to make a more fortified outpost in lucrative systems that are lacking decent planets.

It doesn't have no resources. In fact, if you're able to build one at Q255, it's a source of Q255 Textiles, Logs, Animal Carcasses, Leather, Fish, Crops, Milk, Eggs... any renewable resource. Even then, say you could get resources like stone, ore, oil, etc. You'd literally just be taking the exact materials you put into it, which, after a time, would likely damage the structure of the planet. 

As well, it would allow you to have a habitable world in a system that otherwise would not have one. I recall there was someone who had searched through an entire galaxy looking for a Black Hole with a habitable world. This would solve that problem.

If the planets are hollow, stargate or not, the interior would also be a great place to hide small fleets of starships, ready to defend the system.

Also, because they'd look cool.

These aren't meant to be something to solve all of an Empire's problems in one move. Are you saying you'd rather Artificial Planets be an overpowered, unbalanced mess that gives an empire everything it could ever need? They're supposed to be a fun late-game option to expand what players can do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: More Superstructures: Artificial Planets - by StreetCaptain - 02-07-2019, 07:05 PM