Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money Update: Down with Statism!

I agree that spacecraft maintance cost would be interesting, could work a limit to the number of deathstars a given empire can field at a time.
It would however require some thought, since who owns a spacecraft? The empire whom flag it is under? What if a non-emperor avatar makes a bunch of spacecraft and field them all with crew? Should the empire pay for them all? What if the empire can't maintain them all?

Maybe "Fleet Ships" should be made more exclusive like that, add a permission to make and crew fleet ships. Then force players of an empire without that permission to use "Company Ships" that they themselves have to maintain.

I have already suggested once before that bases should cost money, so you need cities to support your military bases. There is however the same question again, who pays for a base if the emperor didn't make it?

There are also the issues of a base being kinda important to make if you want to maintain control over a world. Not having a base is almost a neon sign saying "take my city!"
So how would a non-emperor make a colony and then protect it with a base, while at the same time not be able to bankrupt the empire?

One idea would be to make base maintenance have to be paid from the same system that has the base. That would limit the ability to drain the empire capital, but then what would happen to systems with only a base and no city? Or colonies that don't have money?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
Money Update: Down with Statism! - by Vectorus - 09-26-2018, 12:37 PM
RE: Money Update: Down with Statism! - by Deantwo - 10-02-2018, 09:51 PM