Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adressing lack of threat, interaction with AI empires and ship interior design.

Yeah you guys are right, the best time probably was until the end of 2015. I don't know if the game was even online in 2016. I just assumed it was around 2016 that the new designer was introduced. I only discovered the game near the end of january 2014 iirc. So for me it would be 2014-2015.

Also, yeah I forgot about the savefile size becoming enormous. Guess without some extreme optimisation, it means AI empires are indeed not viable. Maybe just a single hostile AI empire (perhaps the extreme threat), that doesn't colonise too much (or at all), but just attacks/destroyes/harvests or captures your worlds, so the savefile does not increase or even becomes smaller due to the AI empire's actions. Perhaps even have them become stronger the larger your empire becomes, to make it harder to become too large. (and give a lore explanation like large empires attract the evil harvesters)

Also the AI empire(s) or major threat could perhaps just be a roadmap goal. I do feel the designer should be simplified or reverted to the old one before Steam release. But reverting to the old one would perhaps be very demotivating for Haxus, as it would mean all the work he put in was for nothing. So I guess the ideal option would just be simplification of the new one. Or old designer for interiors, new designer for exteriors.

But if he were to just put 2014-2015 SoH back online and even charge 10-20 euro a month, I'd happily pay it. Or perhaps make a Legacy Hazeron Starship, with 2014 ship and building designers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adressing lack of threat, interaction with AI empires and ship interior design. - by Ivan - 09-12-2023, 11:57 AM