Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ship Designer is too complicated

Honestly...I love the new designer and I'm glad I put aside my feelings and pushed through it. I think you should honestly give it a try. 

I don't want to be "that person" but I felt the same way you did. I played but felt disconnected from the game because of the designer. I did not have the time to learn etc...I'm married and have a 5 year old son who has moderate non-verbal autism who has good days and bad days. I have zero graphic design experience. Well I decided it was time. I sat down and took a day to watch the how to videos by Haxus. 

Honestly the first video will teach you 80% or more about the designer. The rest you can learn in chunks. My first ship was clunky but I love it. It took about an hour or two to make..
[Image: Hazeron-Starship-HSm-Se-J4i4s.jpg]

Then I learned how to import .stl files (Constitution class on the left)...that opened up so many doors it was crazy. Since doing the hull is hard, the .stl file took care of that. I started with one room and I just can't stop. I talked trash so much about the new designer that I honestly feel bad now. I did the following below just a day or two after the first video. I have zero graphic design experience. 

[Image: Hazeron-Starship-Wcw-Q0-Ta-Wiz.jpg][Image: Hazeron-Starship-Gy-V62-LAj52.png][Image: Hazeron-Starship-l0fq80-CCNt.jpg][Image: Hazeron-Starship-Mk5-PGUc-Tr8.png][Image: Hazeron-Starship-Yvtl1pgd-JW.png]

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ship Designer is too complicated - by Rockinsince87 - 03-24-2022, 11:29 PM
RE: Ship Designer is too complicated - by Greydog - 03-26-2022, 03:19 PM
RE: Ship Designer is too complicated - by Norm49 - 04-05-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Ship Designer is too complicated - by Deantwo - 04-07-2022, 11:38 AM
RE: Ship Designer is too complicated - by QuakeIV - 04-08-2022, 05:57 PM