Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire

(05-24-2020, 10:17 AM)3Rat Wrote: The Solution MK2: Designer Overhaul

I don't know if the designer needs a whole overhaul, but it definitely needs a lot more automation and newbie friendly features. For example interior designing with doors and voids could all be automated with something similar to the old-style designer's cell painting of decks plans.
There has been a number of idea/suggestion threads posted about this and discussion about finer details and such are better found there.
See: (Idea thread) Ship Designer - Interior Layout Tool
And many other threads.

That said. If designer was to be totally overhauled, it would still have to create the same end blueprints as the current designer. While I still have plenty of complaints when it comes to how complex and confusing building volume is, the blueprints themselves are fine.
See: (Idea thread) Building Blueprint Simplification

Could even publish details about the .soh file format and let players attempt to make 3rd-party designers. Would still have to read them into Hazeron's designer to finalize them, but seeing what tools the community could come up with would be cool. I know Ikkir fiddled with reverse-engineering the .soh files when the new designer was first released.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire - by Deantwo - 05-25-2020, 05:37 AM