Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Expanse

This is just a rant. I figured the cantina was an appropriate place. Since its imaginary, I can imagine myself crying in my beer; I can't really drink beer in the real world, so I stick to bourbon.

The Expanse is a SciFi series on Amazon Prime. The first two seasons were fantastic, so good that we didn't hesitate to fork out the $30 or so that it cost to watch season three. It did not disappoint.

The Expanse is an intricate and detailed sci fi story. The Earthers, the Martians, and the Belters inhabit the solar system but have not traveled outside the system yet. They are the main factions of the story as it develops. Spacecraft are highly advanced rockets, with at least a nod to Neutonian physics. Its like reading a really good sci fi novel, edgy and modern, with cool and interesting twists along the way. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes sci fi.

Season 4 was just released.

We're five episodes in to the fourth season; there are ten episodes. Paula's wondering when they are ever going to do anything. It's like watching a comic book unfold. Story depth, characters, all became so shallow as to be comparable to some of the worst sci fi movies I've ever seen. The CGI is fantastic, but the story, poised at the point of incredible potential at the end of season three, fell off a cliff.

:'(

They need to get the old writer(s) back! Pay them whatever it takes!

Messages In This Thread
The Expanse - by Haxus - 12-18-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: The Expanse - by jakbruce2012 - 12-18-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: The Expanse - by Vectorus - 12-18-2019, 05:04 PM
RE: The Expanse - by Vivalas - 12-22-2019, 05:15 AM
RE: The Expanse - by AnrDaemon - 12-22-2019, 05:44 PM
RE: The Expanse - by martianant - 01-13-2020, 01:48 AM
RE: The Expanse - by Seathre - 01-13-2020, 03:22 AM
RE: The Expanse - by Vectorus - 01-13-2020, 01:57 PM