Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How to skyrocket the playercount and get this game out of financial downward spiral

The main issue with this game is that it's obscure as hell. You can't expect to make profit off this if literally nobody knows about it. Reaching out to reviewers on youtube would be a good start. Steam release would be a step forward, combine that with F2P+donations and you can expect to make steady amount of money monthly.

Quote:Let's assume best case scenario and every player is donating at least a dollar, even with like 100 players that would still be well below the amount Haxus earns with the subscription model.
100 players with F2P and free youtube content creator advertisements? Please. This game is basically X4+Dwarf Fortress on crack cocaine. The issue is obscurity and abysmal playercount more than anything. Comparing giants like Everquest or WoW to SoH and claiming it's the same deal is ridiculous.

It's heartbreaking because this game really deserves a large playerbase given how much work it got put into. Haxus isn't in any better spot financially than he was pre-P2P, atleast in my understanding. If it's an issue of "it's not ready yet" rather than money then I get it, but how long will it be?

As for fear of sunken cost: make one itty bitty tiny galaxy F2P as a test run.

I've thrown my ideas out, I'm hoping Haxus will atleast consider some of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to skyrocket the playercount and get this game out of financial downward spiral - by DickRichard - 11-30-2019, 02:02 AM