Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-07-24 Turrets, Sensors, World Building Limit

(07-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Ikkir Isth Wrote: Well, at least, technically, with buildings you could potentially counter -128 morale in order to make a mega city with mega defenses, right?
Is it even possible to get past +8 morale with the current system? I don't even know.

Being that I'm pretty a n g e r y about this change, I've done some number crunching to determine the maximum amount of pop with the current volume limit.
!!!Warning, this (probably erroneous) calculation is 50% halfassed by a sleepy and tired student and will definitely trigger authentic mathematicians and statisticians.
[Image: eLzUlhd.png]
sorry for the shitty math and formatting
This assumes you are only building the base level of the building, since adding any extra levels require much more building volume. Which also means you have to place down a metric shitton of buildings.
And this only assumes if you are building on a habitable world since building on a harsh world requires more building volume for armour and life support. Electricity is not accounted for either.

So the maximum amount of pops you're able to support without incurring any morale penalties (at 0 morale)seems to be 134013, which is not even close to the half-population-cap of a ringworld(slightly over 2 million) and almost barely a 9,500 diameter world(about 280k). Now, this begs the question of why are all these numbers so arbitrary(building volume size cap, actual world population cap, why does adding any extra levels to an arena require 700k volume space? and etc)? None of these values complements each other, why even bother?

Now, giving this the benefit of the doubt and presuming that this is only a temporary fix until a better one is found, why not let us look at some better examples, and if you haven't guessed it yet, we're looking at the old style buildings.

The old style buildings were perfect in its own way, the level cap for each buildings using different materials was perfect in that it standardized buildings across the whole game albeit sacrificing functionality as you could only change it cosmetically. The population cap for each planet size was also reasonable and very much realistically achievable, whilst standardizing colonies all over Hazeron as well.

I would really like to expand on this unfortunately its almost 1am and there's school tomorrow, I'll see if I can go into any more detail next time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-07-24 Turrets, Sensors, World Building Limit - by zslayern - 07-24-2018, 04:53 PM