Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ship decommissioning
Would be nice if you could automatically (by pressing a GUI button) scrap a whole ship for modules or materials.

Would require it to be moored at station / airport. Or maybe the same conditions than mothball.

Scrapped materials / modules quantity would depend of the current durability of the ship. Maybe have a quantity penalty based on quality, kinda like quality fails when fetching.

Could be scraped by Airport Repair Shops, and should work with ships of other empires (captured).

Scrap should require a fraction of the nominal design build time.

Why ?
Well it's really annoying to waste tons of ressources into a big ship and having to replace it for a random reason (newly found Q255 hull ressource / interior update of a mothership etc)
It's even worst when you think about all the ressources your nearly-pristine ship represent.
Agree
[Image: unknown.png]
I agree for the most part, but,
Quote:newly found Q255 hull ressource
You can swap this out after this ship is built
(03-05-2020, 07:55 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Would be nice if you could automatically (by pressing a GUI button) scrap a whole ship for modules or materials.

I believe Haxus has said that he wants to do this. Especially now that modules of a captured ship can then be used for another ship.

It would be nice indeed.

(03-05-2020, 07:55 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: It's even worst when you think about all the ressources your nearly-pristine ship represent.

But not as bad when you then remember that resources are infinite, and only production rate and time really matters.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Love it, and a future salvage system could tie into it easily if my suggestion about adding wrecks/derelicts ever gets considered.